CruiseShipCenters International Inc. “Dream Come True Vacation” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prize, and rules for redeeming the prize, form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed to be acceptance of “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The CruiseShipCenters International Inc. “Dream Come True Vacation” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada (including Quebec) who are at least twenty one (21) years old or older at the time of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' household) of CruiseShipCenters International, Inc. (“Sponsor”), The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. (“Disney”), their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by CruiseShipCenters International, Inc. d/b/a Expedia CruiseShipCenters, #900 – 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3X1.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 am PST on Wednesday, January 2, 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on Thursday, February 28, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, at any time during the Entry Period, go to the Sweepstakes Entry Page at www.cruiseshipcenters.com and complete the entry form. Enter your full name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address and confirm acceptance of the Official Rules.
You may also enter in person at any one of the Expedia CruiseShipCenters stores. Complete the entry form and deposit it into the in-store collection box.
Except as provided below, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Entries will not be acknowledged. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Any Sweepstakes entrant can earn additional entries in his/her own name by referring others through the online referral form located on the Sweepstakes Entry Page. For each unique valid referral provided to the Sweepstakes Entry Page, one (1) additional entry will be automatically recorded. There is a limit of 10 valid referrals of friends and family that you may make to earn additional entries. Participation is subject to Sponsor’s Terms of Service. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. No purchase necessary.
- Drawing: On or about March 11, 2019, in Vancouver, BC, at Sponsor’s office, #900 – 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3X1, Sponsor or its agent will select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Winner Confirmation: If the potential Prize winner is a Canadian resident, he or she will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release (which releases Sponsor, Disney, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof) and a publicity release within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Section (b) above applies to all winners, not only Canadian residents. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the applicable Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential Prize winner).
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor will send an email message to the potential winner’s email address stated on the entry submission with instructions on how to claim the prize. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within ten (10) days of date of issuance. If documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing on March 22, 2019 from among all remaining eligible entries received. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Sweepstakes. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted for the prize. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive one (1) 4-night Bahamian Disney Cruise Line vacation aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship leaving from Port Canaveral, Florida, and one (1) 3-night stay at the Walt Disney World Resort prior to the cruise (“Vacation Package”). The Vacation Package includes the following components:
Walt Disney World Resort stay includes:
- Four (4) round-trip coach airfares between a major gateway airport closest to winner’s residence in Canada or in the United States (or Puerto Rico) as the case may be, and the Orlando International Airport in Orlando;
- Motor coach transportation for four (4) passengers from the Orlando International Airport to the Walt Disney World Resort;
- One (1) standard room at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel (location/category at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line). Maximum occupancy of four (4) people for three (3) consecutive nights prior to the Disney Dream departure;
- Four (4) 3-Day Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets with Park Hopper Option; and
- One (1) Disney Gift Card in the amount of six hundred U.S. dollars ($600.00).
Disney Cruise Line vacation aboard the Disney Dream ship includes:
- Round-trip ground transportation for four (4) passengers from the Walt Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral, FL, and from Port Canaveral, FL to the Orlando International Airport;
- One (1) stateroom aboard the Disney Dream (location/category at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line). Maximum occupancy four (4) people;
- All meals onboard the Disney Dream (except Palo and Remy Fine Dining);
- Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website); and
- Onboard gratuities for winner and three (3) guests (for stateroom host/hostess, dining room server, assistant server, and head server).
Items not included as part of the Vacation Package which are the responsibility of the winner include: shore excursions; travel and medical insurance; nursery charges; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; ship to shore communications including internet; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities not specifically set forth above; income and other taxes; transportation between winner’s home and gateway airport; airline baggage fees; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is USD$15,345.36 which includes Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website). Actual final retail value of Vacation Package may be higher or lower based on departure. Vacation Package elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
Vacation Package terms and conditions include:
- Vacation Package must be booked at least 45 days prior to the intended travel dates and must be taken prior to May 1, 2020 aboard the Disney Dream (at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line). Please go to disneycruise.com to view available sail dates.
- Travel dates between: May 1, 2019 – May 1, 2020
- Vacation Package is for the winner and up to three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing.
- Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise Line An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by the parent or guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise Line terminal.
- Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions at Disney Cruise Line, Walt Disney World Resort, and airline seat availability. Travel may not occur during cruise ship or airline block-out periods.
- Vacation Package may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value.
- Vacation Package elements may not be substituted and vacation is non-commissionable.
- Actual final retail value of vacation may be higher or lower based on departure. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
- Winner and companions are responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the Guests’ responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. S. Citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports. Citizens of Canada can also visit the Passport Canada website for detailed information on the mandatory passport requirements http://www.passportcanada.gc.ca/. Winner and his/her guests are solely responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary travel documents and other travel requirements. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements has been made.
- Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' household) of CruiseShipCenters International, Inc., The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) no substitutions except at Sponsor’s option; (iii) all travel related to the Prize must occur on or before May 1, 2020 (otherwise the Prize may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in its entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in its place); (iv) the winner and his/her guest(s) must: (a) travel on same itinerary; (b) have all necessary documentation to permit travel; and (c) not have any barrier to re-entry into Canada (if applicable); (v) the costs of everything not specifically stated above as included in the Prize are the sole and absolute responsibility of the winner and his/her guest(s), including, without limitation: meals and drinks that are not already included; gratuities that are not already included; entertainment; luggage fees; carrier-imposed fees; health and travel insurance; and items of a personal nature (NOTE: winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in winner’s name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses); (vi) if the winner and/or his/her guest(s) do not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (vii) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (viii) all travel arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents; (ix) by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; and (x) the winner’s guest(s) must: (a) either be of the age of majority in his/her state or province/territory of residence or have the express written consent (in form and substance satisfactory to the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion) to accompany the confirmed winner on the trip; and (b) sign (and have his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Released Parties relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).Certain blackout dates may apply. Travel restrictions may apply. The winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Disney, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the conduct of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in British Columbia, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of British Columbia, Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than British Columbia.
For residents of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to CruiseShipCenters International, Inc., #900 – 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3X1. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.