CruiseShipCenters International Inc. ("doing business as Expedia CruiseShipCenters") is committed to protecting the privacy of customer personal information and complying with applicable privacy legislation. In order to complete your travel documents, we must collect certain personal information from you including date of birth, passport number, permanent resident card number (where applicable), citizenship and credit card number. This information is provided to the specific travel and insurance suppliers that are part of the products or services that you have purchased - e.g. cruise lines, airlines "travel providers", and travel insurance providers, and government authorities where required (e.g. Customs and Immigration, etc., "government authorities").
This policy explains the kind of personal information we collect and how we use, disclose and secure it and how you can access your personal information.
What We Collect and Why
To complete your travel documents, you may be required to provide any of the following information requested by the travel providers and government authorities. The purpose for collecting this information includes billing, delivery of travel documents, customs and immigration requirements and security clearance. This information will also be used when you purchase other travel products or services in future. The following is a list of the principal types of personal information we collect and the purpose for which we collect it:
- Passport or Permanent Resident Card
- Credit Card
- Date of Birth
- Health Questionnaire
- Special Dietary Requests/Needs
- Contact Information(Address, Telephone, Email)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Customs & Immigration Requirements
- Information Billing Purposes
- Preparation of Travel Documents
- Purchase of Travel Insurance, Immigration Agencies
- Preparation of Travel Documents and to communicate with you about your future travel planning needs, including offering travel products suited to your preferences.
- Preparation of Travel Documents, Use in case of Emergency
Your Personal Travel Preferences
In addition to the information we collect to fulfill your travel purchases, you have the option of providing information about your unique travel preferences through our 7SEAS® Club. If you choose to participate, we will send you information about travel and travel products suited to your unique travel preferences. You have complete control over this information and can modify or opt-out of the program at any time. If you subscribe to our newsletter, the only information we require is your e-mail address and your selection of the publications you wish to receive. This will be used to send you copies when they are published.
To view or modify your personal travel preferences please visit www.cruiseshipcenters.com and click on the "My Account" tab or follow the appropriate links in the email publication you receive.
Consent and Disclosure
By providing us with personal information when purchasing travel products and services with us, you are consenting to our use of it to arrange and provide those products and services, including disclosing that information to Travel and Insurance Providers and to Government Authorities which must be advised of your travel.
"Expedia CruiseShipCenters does not sell or trade any customer personal information."
Please note that there are situations where the use and/or disclosure of customer personal information without consent may be permitted or required by applicable laws. Such circumstances may include:
- Where it is not practical to get your consent in a case of urgency
- Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- Where Expedia CruiseShipCenters believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of you or another;
- Where it is necessary to collect monies owing to Expedia CruiseShipCenters or its Travel Providers or respond to proceedings relating to its services;
- Where the information is public.
Who has Access?
In order to facilitate your travel purchases, our Cruise and Travel Consultants, Expedia CruiseShipCenters Franchise Owners, Employees of CruiseShipCenters International Inc., selected Travel Providers and Government Authorities will have access to all or parts of the personal information we collect.
We may also disclose customer personal information to contractors who assist CruiseShipCenters in delivering its services. We require such contractors to comply with this policy in handling your personal information. Travel Providers and Government Authorities have their own privacy policies and practices that CruiseShipCenters cannot control. Many have their own privacy policies, which you may wish to consult.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will keep your personal information as part of our records until completion of your travel documents and as long thereafter as required for either our reasonable business needs or as required by applicable laws.
Most customer information is recorded on our computer network. CruiseShipCenters International Inc. operates secure, password-protected computer networks. A backup of our data is maintained in a secure, off-site storage facility in Vancouver, B.C. In addition, our office building restricts after-hours access to authorized persons only. However, customers should be aware that there is no method of communicating or storing data that is completely secure. While the risks associated with each method of communication vary, mail, telephone calls, faxes and Internet transmissions are all susceptible to possible loss, misrouting and interception.
How to Access Your Personal Information
Expedia CruiseShipCenters allows reasonable access to review personal information in its possession or control and will endeavor to provide the information requested within 30 days of a written request. After reviewing the personal information, customers may request changes. Expedia CruiseShipCenters reserves the right not to change any personal information if it concludes the request is unfounded, but will append any alternative information you say is appropriate.
Expedia CruiseShipCenters may decline access to personal information on various grounds permitted or required by law, including:
- disclosure would divulge confidential competitive business information of Expedia CruiseShipCenters;
- the information is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing access is disproportionate to the nature of the request;
- access could interfere with or prejudice an investigation or proceeding by Expedia CruiseShipCenters or Government Authorities.
- Customers may also request to know what kinds of personal information Expedia CruiseShipCenters collects, how it uses such information and to whom it has been disclosed.
If you are a member of our 7SEAS® Club, you can review and modify your personal travel preferences at any time by visiting www.cruiseshipcenters.com and selecting "My Account" or follow the appropriate links in the email publication you receive.
Expedia CruiseShipCenters aims to maintain the accuracy of customer personal information. You can help us by updating us when your personal information (e.g. home address and telephone number) changes.
CruiseShipCenters International Inc.
400 - 1055 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9